Thursday, April 30, 2009

Demon Knight (1995) aka Tales From The Crypt Presents: Demon Knight aka Demon Keeper

2.5 / 5
Tagline: Ready for your deadtime story?
Directed by: Ernest R. Dickerson, Gilbert Adler
Written by: Ethan Reiff, Cyrus Voris, Mark Bishop
Actors include: Billy Zhane, William Sadler, Jada Pinkett Smith
Genre: Horror
Length: 92 minutes
Banned: Malaysia
 



Review:
While I do quite enjoy the t.v. series, this film is entirely a different matter. The story is about a guy who carries a special container of the blood of Christ which he needs to scatter across the world. The purpose is to stop evil, but he's being tracked and it's not going to be easy. They certain tried to make it appeal to it's fans offering bright red oozing blood and a bit of mystery, but the jokes and comedy aspect are a little too much. I dunno it just seemed really put on and uninteresting, really trying to hard I suppose. It's just not the best idea for a story and certainly not the best execution despite it's star power. I doubt I could force myself to sit through this one again, but I had at least one friend who adored this so you may not want to take my word. Then again, she just wanted to bang Billy Zane so that may explain her opinion...

Availability:  On DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment