Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Tommyknockers

3 / 5

Tagline: A chilling thriller from the master of horror.
Directed by: John Power
Written by: Stephen King, Lawrence D. Cohen
Actors include: Jimmy Smits, Marg Helgenberger, John Ashton
Genre: Horror
Length: 120 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA/New Zealand

Review:
Well I read the book when I was a kiddie and thought it alright but a very slow read, the movie is pretty much the same. It's fine but it's a very long mini series and not a whole lot happens. It's about alien ooze that is bubbling up and causing the folks in the town to become slaves of all things. It's just a little condensing would have gone a long ways (plus I'm not sure I would have cast the same folks as a few just aren't so great in this). It's tolerable, but in the scope of King's work it's far from my favorite.

Availability:  On DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment