Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Blade Runner (1982)

 5 / 5 Aug '09
Tagline: A Futuristic Vision Perfected
Directed by: Ridley Scott
Written by: Hampton Fancher, David Webb Peoples
Actors include: Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Sean Young
Genre: Sci-fi, Action, Thriller
Length: 117 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA/Hong Kong

Review:
I wasn't so sure this was going to be the movie for me, what with it being so epic and all but I really was impressed with how much I enjoyed it. The version I watched was "The Final Cut" and the effects were amazing, seriously comparable with Star Wars. The two also share such an impressive and detailed vision of different societies. This one takes place in the future, 2019 to be exact and things sure are a little different. In the future there were robots called replicants that look exactly like people and even act very much the same, but it's the job of Blade Runners to hunt them down and kill them. See they started to fight back and they were outlawed so enter Blade Runner Harrison Ford who has been enlisted against his will to track and hunt down a few dangerous replicants on the loose. The costuming was quite something, the buildings were "wow", the story was a great one, really this had just about anything. I think my favorite character was Daryl Hannah in this, I had no idea she was so flippin' frightening. Really one heck of an experience, this is the whole package, something I'll probably watch again and again.

Availability:  On DVD and Blu-Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment