Sunday, November 8, 2009

Razorback (1984)

3 / 5 Nov '09
Tagline: It's waiting outside and it can sense your fear. No nightmare will prepare you for it!
Directed by: Russell Mulcahy
Written by: Peter Brennan, Everett De Roche
Actors include: Gregory Harrison, Arkie Whiteley, Bill Kerr
Genre: Horror
Length: 95 minutes
Banned: Nope


Review:
I kind of hoped for more, a dangerous outback pig could really have been a somewhat scary film. It's just the giant monster pig they made was hilariously stupid looking (I mean think as big as Python almost). Also the characters were pretty irritating, especially the thugs (and I don't mean in a good way) all of the bits of drama were plain irritating. The story is about a noisy American reporter who goes over and rubs everyone the wrong way with her stupid questions. When the local thugs decide to teach her a lesson all is aborted when a giant pig comes rushing by. Then flash to her Canadian husband who goes to Australia to find out what happened to his reporter wife. Of course he ends up rooming with the thugs and at some point an attractive young love interest (go figure). I really thought this had potential but it left me feeling pretty bored by the end of it all. I guess they tried and a few of the scenes were kind of cool but it ended up not being enough for me.

Availability:  On DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment