Monday, January 4, 2010

Isn't It Shocking (1973)

3 / 5 Dec '09
Tagline: N/A
Directed by: John Badham
Written by: Lane Slate
Actors include: Alan Alda, Louise Lasser, Edmond O'Brien
Genre: Horror
Length: 73 minutes
Banned: Nope




Review:
I hate to say that I found this to be rather dull but well the truth is just that. The premise, pretty cool someone is shocking the old folks...appropriate title to say the least. The town Sheriff (Alan Alda) goes about in a slow manner trying to solve the crimes and talking to nearly everyone in town...yawn! Oh and terrible as this is gonna sound, they are old people...death isn't far away at any rate! It completely lacks excitement, you really don't see many deaths so on a horror and thriller front it disappoints. It does have a ton of talking some weak attempts at humor though if you like the characters you will get more out of this. I just felt like I was stuck with 70 minutes of small talk, and about 3 minutes of anything actually happening. I should point out that this was a made-for-tv movie from ABC and often I do enjoy this sort of thing but I really found this 'un to be a big let down.

Availability:  Currently Unavailable, all DVDs seem to be bootlegs

No comments:

Post a Comment