Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fright (1971) aka I'm Alone And I'm Scared

2 / 5 Apr '10
Tagline: The scream you can hear is your own
Directed by: Peter Collinson
Written by: Tudor Gates
Actors include: Susan George, Honor Blackman, Ian Bannen
Genre: Thriller, Horror
Length: 87 minutes
Banned: Finland




Review:
I haven't really liked anything I've seen from director Peter Collinson but I thought the plot on this sounded like I should give him another try. I hated this movie, sure it's going to "sound" interesting but it's dreadfully dull and pointless. See it's one of the first babysitter alone with a maniac sort of films, it predates Halloween and When a Stranger Calls by several years which is what makes it of interest. Susan George plays an attractive young babysitter, however I've liked Susan in other roles but here it's painfully obvious that her acting skills are limited. Her performance was actually obnoxious and I was begging for the maniac to kill her through the entire film. The "maniac" isn't really very cool either, be prepared for an unbloody film, and the "psycho" punches someone a bunch of times and barely does anything else. Even when the story gives opportunity to be intense, frightening or even violently it takes the worst way out possible in each instance. I really can't state how disappointed I was with this enough, sitting through it was a struggle and by the end I truly felt like it was a waste of time.

Availability:  On DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment