Monday, January 24, 2011

C'est Arrivé Près De Chez Vous (1992) aka Man Bites Dog

3.5 / 5 Jan '11
Tagline: A Killer Comedy
Directed by: Rémy Belvaux
Written by: André Bonzel, Rémy Belvaux
Actors include: Benoît Poelvoorde, Jacqueline Poelvoorde-Pappaert, Nelly Pappaert
Genre: Black Comedy, Crime, Horror
Length: 95 minutes
Banned: Nope




Review:
Well this is an unusual French black comedy that was shot in black and white involving the humorous exploits and babblings of a killer. While I did find this occasionally hilarious, (especially his advice about weighing down bodies) I didn't think this was disturbing at all. Our killer offs just about anyone who crosses his path and it seems like without purpose or explanation most of the time. As his rampage goes on he begins to involve the camera crew (it's set up documentary style for some reason) and soon they learn they are in some dangerous territory. It is rather stylish and it's a different approach to serial killers than most I'll give it that. I guess I just expected a little more, and a bit more context though I found it cute they show him with his family. Also I think it goes a bit far with the babbling although occasionally interesting. Definitely a strange little film that most seem to enjoy, I liked it, I just didn't love it.

Availability:  On DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment