Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Le Château Hanté (1897) aka The Devil's Castle

3 / 5 Jan '11
Tagline: N/A
Directed by: Georges Méliès
Written by: Georges Méliès
Actors include: Georges Méliès
Genre:  Horror
Length: 1 minutes
Banned: Nope




Review:
Wow having just watched Le manoir du diable [The Haunted Castle] (which came out a year earlier) I can say that they are nearly the same film, only this one is the lesser of the two. This version is 1/3 the length, and colorized which actually detracts from the visuals in the case I think, it's not awful but a bit blurred. Mephistopheles is back at it, zapping supernatural beings (one of which is a skeleton) and watching them transform. It's a bit confusing but I guess it's rather basic so I'll just go with what I think it is. It's kinda neat, but honestly I'd say watch the other one instead or at least first.

Availabilty:  On DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment