Sunday, January 23, 2011

Le Femme Qui Se Poudre (1972) aka The Woman Who Powders Herself

3.5 / 5 Jan '11
Tagline: N/A
Directed by: Patrick Bokanowski
Written by: Patrick Bokanowski
Actors include: Jean-Jacques Choul, Jacques Delbosc d'Auzon, Claus-Dieter Reents
Genre: Horror, Experimental
Length: 18 minutes
Banned: Nope




Review:
Well sort of hard to rate, perhaps I'm an idiot (which could very well be true) but I didn't get any sort of story for this. I'm very greatful that others have been able to provide the plot for this, for I sure couldn't find one. It's apparently about a witch who transforms people and tortures others. All I got was a bunch of blurry nightmarish imagery, sort of like an industrial music video. It's an interesting art project, and the combination of blurry shots and gray scale and masks and whatnot do make for some creepy visuals. The soundtrack is very appropriate too, it sounds like primitive industrial music which very much suits what is going on. Though my eyes were glued to the tv I wouldn't say I was afraid or anything, curious yes but that is about it. Let's face it, there aren't many films like this, definitely points for being innovative, many should see this, the style is quite something. Just at the end of it all I kinda felt like "what did I just watch"? If I were rating this as an art project I'd gladly award higher marks, but as a short film...not so rewarding I felt.

Availability:  Not on DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment